We’ve all seen those movie scenes where the dapper gentleman walks into what becomes known as ‘his’ tailors and immediately he is offered a tumbler filled with honeycomb colored liquid and shown to a dressing area fit for royalty. As he sips away at his bourbon he is measured, suited, and booted and all without lifting a finger.
If this is not the life we all deserve then I don’t know what’s happening in the world. While this scene may be for the more affluent of individuals who have the financial means to keep going back time after time, this doesn’t go to say that we‘re never able to be part of the circle, even if only for a moment.
With custom-fitted and tailored suits being made all around the world for events, special occasions, or simply to treat ourselves to a luxurious piece of clothing, the process couldn’t be easier.
There is nothing as comfortable, confidence-boosting, or sexual than slipping into a piece of clothing, even better a suit tailored to fit every curve and inch of your body, than one that has been hand-made with only you in mind. No-one hoping to please the masses, or trying to keep up with supply and demand, a simple and elegant garment with your name on it.
If this is all sounding too good to be true then fear not, there are plenty boutiques and studios you could visit to find the suit best suited for you, but for that one of a kind look at me I’ve arrived item you need something with that little bit ‘extra.’
Companies who have the quality and customer service you deserve are out there, for example, if you’re in the search of that something special, then looking at custom suits NYC might just be the answer to all your prayers. Individuality, independence, and all a click away from making an appointment are right at your fingertips, don’t wait, you deserve to be spoilt.
What it means to be bespoke.
We all understand the term loosely and have some comprehension of its meaning, but essentially it is explained by being an item of clothing opposite to what you would find ‘on the rack.’
Any old person can walk into a store and pull an item off the shelf, and it may well fit like a glove, perfectly, and seem as if it was made specifically for you, but that is rare and usually caters for those lucky individuals who know just how to wear an item.
Then for people such as myself who need to walk, search, and hunt for something we hope will fit and look as good as it does on the mannequin, having a measured and fitted piece of cloth that shapes our lumps is all the blessing we could ask for.
Make yourself a well-earned cup of tea, find a quiet spot and a comfortable chair and take a minute to watch this short and interesting video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ehFNUFIdI on what women and others have to say about clothing and having it tailored or bespoke to your shape and needs.
5 Reasons why people opt for a custom suit.
Besides the fact that you get something that no-one else has, each time you wear it you feel empowered, your day gets brighter, and you instantly feel like you can tackle any challenge and take on the world.
- Fit. Feeling claustrophobic in a shirt, or your trousers are hanging uncomfortably low and loose, is not great. You want an item that flatters the parts of your body you enjoy the most and hides the other not so fond of bits in just the right dimensions, a great fit leaves a lasting impression.
- Material. This element immediately puts you above the rest, department store clothing is produced for the quantity not quality, mass production at the most cost-effective rates. With bespoke tailoring, you get to feel, embrace, and ‘experience’ the material that you’ll be wearing and have ‘hugging’ you each time you put it on.
- Style. This is where you can let your personality shine, embellishments, trims, and frills all suited to how you like it, and simple details that pop when those with an eye for detail discover them. You can walk with confidence and a swagger in your step knowing you have a one of kind item in the color combinations not found anywhere else.
- Time efficiency. The steps are simple, you make an appointment, have the fitting, and go back once or twice more for tweaking if necessary. You know what you’re getting, you know the fit will be perfect without having to think about it, and all those hours of missioning around 20 shops for a basic white shirt are eliminated.
- Endurance. This is for me the main objective, having the clothing last longer and still look of quality 10 years down the line. Because you are using material that not only looks good but is robust, you have the best of both worlds, it’s a win-win.
You may be in the market for a new look, a new suit, or going to an occasion where people you know are about to be surprised at how well you look after your months of hard work in the gym. Top all that off with a tailored suit that fits like a GQ model and you can’t lose. Make them wish they were you, am I right?