The hackathon word is a combination of the words hack, which means intelligent programmer, and marathon, an event noticeable by resistance. The idea of hackathon, also called hack fest, was born from the open resource community. Engineering departments, particularly those from web-based companies, implement the practice to introduce private enterprise into the company. Hackathons are occasionally done to accomplish a particular goal. Employees have the freedom and support to work together with colleagues in other departments within a certain period of time and without any pressure to generate the product.
Instruction to use Hackathons: The hackathon are a twister! How to organize hackathon is not easy, to start this real life problem, have to be considered then major steps must be followed. Hackathon provide the useful format to make great progress in very less period of time, if participant comes with a plan.
- Goals should be known: There are many ways to use a hackathon. In hackathon students deliver the project that they have dreamed of. Students are looking to learn new technologies.If students are there to WIN? A hackathon can help the students to meet any of these goals, but possibly not all at one time. The crystallization of students’ goal long before the hackathon begins will help the student define their preparation method and help to manage their time when they are in hackathon.
- Create a team: Participant will more organize over their hackathon experience if any participant with a previously formed team. Some hackathon have various channels or groups like: Slack channels, Facebook groups, etc. Set up before the event, which is an excellent way to find best teammates if no one in personal network plans to participate. Many people form teams when they reach a hackathon. That may work (especially if participant are connected to the network), but it also means that participant will start behind those who have their teammates, ideas and technology well-known in advance.
- Decide the project: Various Hackathons have a particular theme, and others are open that means without any theme. As soon as participant sign up for the hackathon, then next start thinking about what to want to do. Ifa company hosted the hackathon, thenparticipant think of various ways in which they can incorporate their product. Participants have to pay attention to the judges and their areas of skills to inform the type of project which they choose to build.
- Require lots of time prepare: Once the group, thought and goals are consolidated, and then now the time comes to get the initial work done! Reserve a week to practice. Participant will use time depend upon thegoals. Looking for a network like various people or a team? Find out participants who attend and make a record of the people for whom you arelooking for. Create the pitch deck, design resources and logos, and put into practice delivering the tone so it can be smooth at the moment. Wanting to learn a new technology stack? Participant must be into the tutorials and create some toy projects to make knowntheirself with new languages and frames. Keep in mind that hackathon rules dictate that all coding must occur in the event itself, the non-coding work can be removed already.
- Time boundary: Hackathons overall time is from 24 to 48 hours. Team have to keep in mind that which participant will work on what and around how much time it will take to complete the particular task because every task should be completed on the time and no extra time is provided either task is completed or not. Errors can appear anywhere, and a hackathon is no exception. In advance team leader have to decide how much time they have to give to the different part of project and when they have to move to the plan it will help the team to maintain the time limit and develop the desire project on time or before time limit.
- Keep in mind: Hackathons are designed to be overexcited stimulants. The member of Hackathons locksthe one team in one room or we can say every individual team lock in individual room, Hackathon members provide the deadline, provide the foodand instruct the every team not to sleep. The overall environment is very intense, but participant can’t push their health to a critical level. Make it possible to eat healthy or in a limited portion because it’s a hackathon not a snackthon! And also make sure that sleep hours must be there and strictly follow it.If the participant is healthy in taking the food and sleep on time then the level of good productivity will increase and success is in the hand, which follow the every step one by one.
If hackathon is ideal tool for sustained and continuous innovation, then only hackathon management software help to mark up efforts or process,and make the consistency .In the end, Participants feel the need of a hackathon software if the participant team is concerned about these areas:-. Scale, Effective management of ideas, Multifunctional collaboration, Data security, Consistency, Ease of use .Initially, hackathon start in the open source community and now it is very frequent among programmers. Hackathons are of much kind like some are for educational purposes, other are like social activities and rest to create software. Basically,various companies use it as achance to get major creative ideas from their employees. Duringthese kinds of events, participants face different real-life problems. Hackathons that have apredefined theme and other Hackathons where no topics or you can say no theme is given, and propose ideas and start doing work on that. It is a valuablechance to collect a huge number of people to deal with the same problem and observe how the different ideas and their results flow.