Buying a home is one of the biggest investment decisions to make in life. However, it comes with a lot of dedication and hard work of maintaining it. Maintaining a house can seem like a daunting task, especially if you are a first-time owner. So, it is important to create a maintenance checklist for your home’s upkeep and well-being.
Due to the growth of the real estate industry in the recent past, there have been numerous apartments for sale in Dubai. The best part is that reputable developers develop most of these properties. For instance, there are various off plan projects by Dubai Properties, which is one of the biggest developers in the city. If you are looking for a property in a prime location to invest, you will find several apartments for sale in Palm Jumeirah.
But before you plan to check out these amazing properties, here’s the checklist you’ll need to maintain your new home:
- Many experts advise homeowners to change HVAC filters monthly. However, for smaller families without pets or allergies, it is okay to change the filters after 2-3 months.
- Cleaning the kitchen sink disposal should also be done monthly. Even though there are different ways you can clean this part, the easiest way is using vinegar. Freeze vinegar in an ice tray and run the ice cubes through the disposal. Vinegar helps to freshen the sink disposal while the ice sharpens the blades.
- Inspect the fire extinguisher to make sure it is easily accessible, has adequate pressure and does not show any signs of wear or tear.
Quarterly maintenance checklist
- Test the smoke/carbon dioxide detectors and ensure they are working properly. Most detectors feature a test button. If you press the button and alarm does not sound, change the batteries and try again. If it still does not work, you need a new detector.
- Check the auto-reverse feature of the garage door. Place a piece of wood where the door closes. Normally, the door should reverse automatically after hitting the wood. If it does not reverse, there is a problem that needs to be addressed.
- Run water and flush toilets in unused spaces such as guest bathrooms. This helps to prevent any form of buildup in the pipes.
Biannually maintenance checklist
- Check the heater’s pressure relief valve to safeguard against leaks and corrosion buildup. Also, it helps to ensure the heater runs more efficiently.
- Perform a deep clean one Saturday every six months. Make sure you have done a thorough cleaning on appliances, windows and every nook and cranny of the house.
- Vacuum the refrigerator coils. If the fridge is not running efficiently, it can consume up to fifteen percent of your home’s total power.