With the advancement of technology, these days we have improved packaging for food products. Packaging is used to pack food for distribution for sale, to provide protection of the food when being handled or stored before they are being sold. High quality vacuum packaging is used to prevent the food from going bad, and to prolong their shelf life. Food packaging is also to protect the food from being tampered with and to preserve the nutrition value of the food products. Vacuum packaging also provide controlled temperatures and keeping the food products fresh and safe until they are consumed.
Liquids, small to tiny and loose products such as grains and power, etc. need packaging to hold them together. Food packaging companies are coming up with attractive, eye-catching packaging designs for marketers to promote their products. These packaging helps attract prospective customers’ attention to the product. Food products are packed into smaller packaging for the convenience of customers and they are easier for handling. These days, these individually packed food products are convenient for smaller families.
Food protection is important in the prevention of contamination and even dried food such as meat jerky also needs high quality packaging to keep them safe. Air tight or sealed packaging helps to maintain and preserve the nice aroma of the food. Food packaging companies are producing specially designed packages for processed meat such as beef jerky packaging. These packaging consist of air tight pouches or bags to keep the process meat moist and tasty for consumption.
There are different types of packaging available for food products.
- Aseptic packaging is for food that are sterile and maintaining the sterile condition of the food. These include milk, dairy products, pharmaceutical products, and etc.
- Bags is a common form of food packaging and are used for packing snacks such as chips and fruits.
- Cans are used for preserving and transporting of food.
- Trays are used to hold meat, and other products and they are flat with raised edges to hold the items in place.
- Flexible packaging is to protect the food from the environment and for easy transportation.
- Pallet is another form of packaging for food products.
- Wrappers are used to protect the food and keep them clean and safe during handling.
- Boxes and cartons are used for transporting of food.